I guess it’s getting closer to spring. We spent most of today moving furniture, cleaning, rearranging stuff, etc. The house has been really crowded since M moved in and between her stuff and my old furniture we were just tripping over everything.
So today was “get the stuff out we don’t use”. It was a carefully choreographed process of…
- Friday get the storage unit ready to receive furniture.
- Saturday morning move everything from the attic and second floor that’s leaving out to the front porch.
- Go get the truck from Uhaul.
- Get awesome neighbors to load up the truck, follow us to the storage place and Tetris the furniture into place.
- Return the truck, tidy up, and fall into a death like sleep for 2 hours
- Get up and go to a cohousing meeting
- For evening entertainment, assemble the new kitchen table and chairs (smaller and better suited to the space).
Now we’re finally collapsing into bed after a damned busy day. But? It felt good. We worked hard, and made the house better without going crazy doing it.
Next? Tuesday we get a washer dryer. We’ve never had one in the house and while I lived by myself, it was ok taking things to the common house. But now that there’s three of us, we really need local equipment. Yay upgrades!